The latest cosmetic surgery figures are in from the US and, although they found that 94% of all procedures in 2021 were performed on women, The Aesthetic Society also identified the top 6 most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for men.
- Liposuction: lipo is not the answer to excess weight gain, but for men that are committed to a healthy diet and exercise routine but aren’t seeing the results they are working towards, it can be the solution to eradicating stubborn fat. Dr Mooz offers microcannula laser and VASER to achieve body sculpting.
- Gynecomastia: both lipo and male breast reduction surgery have become increasingly popular in recent years as more and more men realise there is a treatment for an accumulation of fat or glandular breast tissue in the chest area that creates the appearance of moobs.
- Blepharoplasty: an upper and/or lower eyelid lift can reduce drooping or hooded eyelids, tighten up any loose, sagging skin folds and remove bags from under the eye. It is typically a simple and safe procedure that can quickly take off up to ten years.
- Rhinoplasty: strong, masculine features are popular, and the nose is key to this. A male nose job can create a more symmetrical and proportional facial appearance, as well as correct any trauma to the nose that might affect breathing. Dr Mooz also performs non-surgical nose jobs, using dermal fillers to create balance.
- Abdominoplasty: frequent weight fluctuations and a tendency for fat to accumulate in our midsections as we get older, means that a flabby, untoned stomach is a common cause for concern for many men. The male tummy tuck restores a more youthful, slimline contour by removing excess skin and tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Facelift: the aims for facial rejuvenation surgery for men and women are the same, but there are important considerations when planning a male facelift. There are anatomical differences between the male and female face, and it is important your surgeon is highly experienced to achieve a natural result.